Randy Haynes – near 50-year veteran of the sports betting and gaming industry
2012 - present
Consulting with and advising several agencies and organisations (including Miomni) in the converging sports, gaming, casino and lottery markets.
Launched a global junior golf initiative, in concert with senior executives from the world of global finance and entertainment.
2006 - 2014
- Successfully bought the OPAP Pame Stoixima (sports betting) product in-house, resulting in the organisation being ranked the No.1 gaming entity (by market cap) in the world
- Responsible for all aspects of the Pame Stoixima (sports betting) division (with 5,000 retail outlets) which delivered annual gross profit margins of around 30% on annual turnover more than $3 billion per annum.
- Introduced a bespoke MLB baseball and NHL ice hockey offering to the Greek mainstream betting market, obtaining gross profit margins up to 4x that of Vegas.
2000 – 2005
- One of the principal architects of the UK bookmaker offshore move to Gibraltar that resulted in the British government radically changing its taxation of the gambling sector.
- Developed relationships between several sporting bodies and the gambling industry and was instrumental in the creation and implementation of the Victor Chandler British Masters – the first major golf sponsorship by a gambling organization.
- Trading director of Betbrokers plc - the first international betting brokerage – which floated on the London Stock Exchange.
1980s - 1990s
- Head of Sports for Ladbrokes and introduced on-site betting at a range of UK sports stadia, including Premier League football, rugby grounds, golf tournaments and F1 motor racing.
- Supported and mainstreamed several niche and minority sports and pastimes – including American sports, rugby union and rugby league, bowls and chess and helped launch PDC darts – now one of the most prominent, best attended and highest viewed sports on Sky/Fox TV.
- Introduced NFL gambling into Europe and persuaded the (anti-gambling) NFL to permit on-site betting at their UK venues.
- Liaised with the near 2,000 retail estate to grow awareness of non-horse and greyhound racing betting
- Grew the sports betting turnover sevenfold at Ladbrokes and obtained record double-digit gross profit margins.
- Introduced the concept of “in-play/live” betting – which now accounts for as much as 80% of turnover for some global betting companies.
- Partner in company that supplied all non-horse racing sports betting related content for one of the major UK terrestrial broadcasters
- Publisher of Touchdown – Europe’s top ranked American Football magazine.
- Key consultant on the design and implementation of Italy’s legal gambling framework, advising the Italian treasury, sports governing bodies and market leader
- Consulted with and wrote papers for major organisations, such as:
- Camelot (the UK lottery)
- World renowned management consultancies (such as Accenture and Bain)
- Major international investment banks
- Betting Executive
- Manager of chains of high street betting shops including the largest and highest turnover betting shop in the United Kingdom.
- Licensed on-course bookmaker, greyhound and racehorse owner and advised many bookmaking start-ups.